Things You Should Do
- It is important to drink lots of water. Massage stimulates the lymphatic system which in turn helps pull toxins from the body. These toxins need to be flushed from the system and water is the best way to do that.
- Many clients take a nice bath and put two cups of white or apple cider vinegar in their bath water and soak while drinking a good amount of water. This helps prevent any stiffness or soreness, especially if you have had a particularly deep-tissue massage.
- Relax and enjoy and let your body re-learn it’s relaxation state.
- When going to bed, put yourself in a good sleeping position as you will likely sleep very deeply.
- If anything is concerning you or you have questions, be sure to email or call!
Things You Should NOT Do
- Do not drink alcohol. This removes water from the system and can actually intensify the effects of the alcohol.
- Do not plan heavy-duty activities as you will feel great and you will tend to overdo it.
- Do not nap on the couch as you will likely sleep much longer than anticipated and can create soreness from the uncomfortable position.